Granville Ritchie sentenced to death for rape and murder of 9-year-old Felecia Williams


 


Granville Ritchie will face death for the rape and murder of 9-year-old Felecia Williams, a judge decided on Friday.

During the sentencing hearing, several family members of Williams spoke. Including her mother, grandmother, father and older sister.

Felecia Demerson, Williams' mother, said she waited more than 2,000 days for the sentencing.

“I wake up I think about her. I lay down and I think about her," Demerson said. “The only thing I regret today is I cannot ask for his fate and that would be for him to be hung. For him to feel what my daughter felt over and over again."

Williams' father, Jerome Williams, told Ritchie he forgave him.

"I forgive you bro, that’s how strong my God is. I come here and smile with no ill will. You are my brother. You made a mistake. You’ve got time to make right with God.”


Comments